A place for the future
Urban&Civic – the design and delivery team leading the proposed new community – want to hear your thoughts to help shape our emerging plans.
Bowman Cross consultation
The identification of Bowmans Cross forms an important part of a planned pattern of future growth for the local area. The owners of the land, the Tyttenhanger Estate in partnership with master developer Urban&Civic, are working with Hertsmere Borough Council, Hertfordshire County Council and key stakeholders to ensure the right plans are developed for this important site.
In November, Urban&Civic hosted a number of drop-in sessions across the local area, and launched this online portal to share the emerging plans for the Bowmans Cross development and engage with local communities to help shape them.
These events worked alongside the Draft Hertsmere Local Plan consultation, which ended on 6 December, and enabled people to have their say about the principle of development in this location. Feedback from that Reg 18 Consultation will be worked through by Hertsmere Borough Council over the coming weeks.
While Urban&Civic’s initial engagement was due to finish on 20 December, we are extending the date until January to ensure people have additional time to review the information and provide feedback. This will then help shape our developing plans and we will share our response over the next few months.
Help shape the plans for Bowmans Cross
Urban&Civic’s team will continue to hold events and engage communities over the coming months and years, but this is a critical time for us to share initial thinking and hear the voices of local people:
- so that local communities can help shape the early vision for Bowmans Cross at this stage of the Local Plan process.
- to ensure local people have the information they need about the emerging plans to respond effectively to the Local Plan process.
- and critically, to help the design team shape plans in the right way: responding to local needs and concerns and developing a place, which minimises its impact on all its neighbours and maximises the opportunities for investment in infrastructure, facilities and opportunities that benefit all.
To support this, a series of drop-in events were held around the development area in November:
South Mimms Village Hall,
3 Blance Lane, South Mimms
Caledon Community Centre, Caledon Road, London Colney AL2 1PU
Colney Heath Village Hall, 83 High Street, Colney Heath AL4 0NS
Porters Park Drive
Shenley WD7 9EZ
Thank you to all who attended the events
Where is Bowmans Cross?
What are the proposals?
The development would also include:
- up to 5 primary schools, 2 secondary schools and nurseries
- a new health centre, pharmacy and additional health and social care services
- community centres, shops, cafes and other amenities
- sports pitches, a sports centre and a range of fitness trails within the parkland areas
- over 30 hectares (74 acres) of new parks and 40 hectares (99 acres) of new woodland and habitats for nature
- a sustainable transport hub, connecting enhanced bus services, and many miles of new routes for walking, cycling and riding.
What will it be like?
A key part of this will be to embrace and protect key environmental assets: both to ensure a net gain for nature and also for people, by providing opportunities to live in and alongside a 21st Century Park.
We want your thoughts and views.
To contact the team or find out more about the proposals, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org